Content & System Integration Specialist
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About the Value Reporting Foundation
The Value Reporting Foundation is a global nonprofit organization that offers a comprehensive suite of resources designed to help businesses and investors develop a shared understanding of enterprise value—how it is created, preserved, or eroded over time. The resources—including Integrated Thinking Principles, the Integrated Reporting Framework, and SASB Standards—can be used alone or in combination, depending on business needs. These tools, already adopted in over 70 countries, comprise the 21st century market infrastructure needed to develop, manage, and communicate strategy that creates long-term value and drives improved performance.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
The Content & System Integration Specialist will be part of the technology team, playing an integral role in helping build, implement, and maintain solutions for supporting the VRF mission.
CCMS Administration & Content Integration: Working with the technology team, you will be responsible for managing and administering our core component content management system (CCMS) and all the connectivity and integrations to enable data flows to all destination applications and end points. The CCMS is a DITA-XML based system that is used to manage our entire standard setting process and content. It acts as the central repository and is capable of multi destination, multi format and multi-language publishing. The multiple destinations and formats allow delivery of content to our licensing partners and stakeholders and helps integrate content with their systems. CCMS outputs content in PDF format. Additional Python based ETL scripts transform the content into Excel, JSON and XML formats. Additionally, ETL scripts also load data into databases to display content within the main websites sasb.org and navigator.sasb.org
System Integration: In addition to CCMS, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining related systems, APIs and processes.
- The Registration system processes both direct payments as well as third-party transactions. API end points deliver content
- The SICS system acts as the repository for industry classification for 90,000+ ISINs. Data from the system is used for the licensing program as well as the SICS industry look up feature on sasb.org
- Licensing APIs delivers content from the CCMS and SICS to licensing partners
- Data APIs integrate content from CCMS, CRM and SICS with other systems as needed
To be successful in this role, you have to be a roll-up-the-sleeves kind of person that is serious about ensuring systems are designed to help people find information faster and help get better insights. You like jumping and solving issues when you see a problem. You love integrating systems together to make processes better and implementing the future roadmap. Switching between project execution and project management comes naturally to you. For some projects you will be person making the necessary changes. For some projects, you will be working with vendors to implement the needed changes.
If you are passionate about sustainability and have a strong desire to make a difference in the world of sustainability disclosures, we want to hear from you.
Areas of Responsibility
- Technical ownership of key internal applications and integrations
- Collaborate with internal VRF teams in defining and scoping requirements
- Design, develop and roll out solutions.
- Manage project timelines and take ownership of project delivery
- Work with vendors and/or contractors as needed.
Reports to: Director of Technology
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- Content management and engineering experience
- Experience with content management system and taxonomy management. Knowledge of DITA-XML based CMS is a plus
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with databases like MySQL, DynamoDB
- Experience architecting and consuming API
- Strong project management and vendor management skills
- Dexterity to switch between project execution and project management as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-moving start-up like culture
- US work permit required
Special ADA Requirements
VRF is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive personal auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits located in San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado; or New York, New York.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment in all locations.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected], with the email subject as “Content & System Integration Specialist”
Please also complete our employment application.